Aspera virtual catcher
Aspera Virtual Catcher handles the complex catcher steps, interactions supported by traditional satellite pitcher-catcher systems, in the service of media distributors, and content providers who need to transfer ADI 1.1-compliant media packages. It contains a set of purpose-built workflows combined with configuration and status screens to track the process.
Once either Aspera Cargo or Aspera Point-to-Point receives package files, Virtual Catcher picks up the files that were transferred and performs the following operations:
• Validates that the received XML file is compliant with the ADI 1.1 specification.
• Verifies that the package and its contents have been delivered in its entirety, the metadata file is in correct format, and the package’s contents match the file size and checksum specified in the metadata file.
• Sends confirmation of package validation success or validation failure via email or REST call notifications to the pitcher and system users.
• Hands off the files to one or more recipient content management systems (CMS).
1. Aspera Virtual Catcher license file
2. Two Point to Point servers
3. Firefox 45-55, Google Chrome 50-60
Once package files are received by Point-to-Point, the Virtual Catcher goes into action by picking up the files that were transferred and performing the following operations:
1. Validate that the received XML file is ADI 1.1 compliant
2. Validate that the ADI package has been completely and successfully transferred to the recipient (including the XML file and the files specified within it with correct file names, file sizes, checksums).
3. Send confirmation of package validation success or validation failure with configurable email or REST call notifications to the pitcher and/or users.