IBM Aspera FASP.IO-Gateway Integration with IBM MQ
About IBM Aspera fasp. io-Gateway:
The IBM Aspera fasp.io Gateway provides a fast TCP/IP tunnel that can significantly increase network throughput for IBM MQ. A queue manager running on any entitled platform can connect through an Aspera gateway.
Aspera faspio fully utilizes available bandwidth to transfer data in byte-order sequence at the maximum possible speed with near-zero latency. It removes the barriers of size, distance, and complexity to move data between on-premises and cloud infrastructures.
Supported Operating Systems:
The Aspera FASP.IO-Gateway can be installed on Linux, Windows, macOS Operating systems.
Entitlements required to install FASP.IO-Gateway:
Below is the List of MQ Entitlements that are required to install the IBM Aspera FASP.IO-Gateway
- IBM MQ Advanced for Multiplatform
- IBM MQ Appliance
- IBM MQ Advanced for z/OS VUE
Integration of IBM MQ with FASP.IO-Gateway
- Queue managers that use the Aspera gateway can be running on any supported platform. For a complete list of supported platforms, see Release and platform icons in the product documentation.
- For each queue manager that is not on the same machine as the Aspera gateway that it uses, check that we have a fast network connection between the queue manager and the Aspera gateway.
- We can use .toml file to create a gateway definition that defines the inbound and outbound ports that the gateway uses.
- The outbound gateway definition defines the connection from the local queue manager to the gateway, and from the local gateway to the remote gateway.
- We can use the toml to assign a file so that all the error logs and S2S logs can be saved in a file.
Securing the Gateway:
The faspio Gateway uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure your TCP connections and initiate a key exchange for the FASP protocol. Important: TLS is enabled by default on all your bridges. You must provide valid certificates to your Gateways before they can connect.