A New Approach to Fast Data Transfer
Capabilities of IBM Aspera High-Speed Data Transfer:
1. Migrate data
IBM Aspera High-Speed software overcomes the challenges of moving your data to the cloud. Traditional transfer software technologies are slow and unreliable, and shipping physical disk storage is time-consuming and exposes your data to unnecessary security risks. Aspera offers high-speed data transfer that uses the public internet to securely and reliably migrate large amounts of data to, from, or between any major cloud.
2. Deliver data
IBM Aspera enables you to deliver and distribute data of any size at maximum speed around the world.
- Fast, reliable transfers
- Scalable and efficient transfer environment
- File-based workflow automation
- Enterprise-grade security
- Granular administrative options
3. Automate workflows
IBM Aspera automation solutions help enterprises manage and automate file transfers and processing. Aspera web applications can help you build digital workflow orchestrations with APIs and a comprehensive library of third-party plug-ins.
- Fluidly and reliably automate and scale processing required by video and big data workflows.
- Integrate Aspera into other apps and workflows using APIs that provide high-speed performance.
- An extensive library of plug-ins includes transcoding, virus scanning, ad insertion, and more.
IBM Aspera offers an ultra-fast, secure file-sharing solution to transfer digital assets around the world.
- Store and access your data across multiple clouds and on-premises data centers.
- Exchange files of any size over any distance at maximum speed, regardless of network conditions.
- Protect data with built-in security that includes user authentication, AES encryption, and more.
5. Sync Data
IBM Aspera Sync offers extreme performance to help you execute quick, reliable synchronization over WANs.
- Harness the power of an architecture that enables the synchronization of millions of small files or multi-terabyte files with support for concurrent sessions, clustering, and multi-gigabit transfer speeds.
- Avoid hours of unnecessary copy times with Sync’s ability to intelligently recognize changes and file system operations, instantaneously propagating them to remote peers and reducing your RTO and RPO.
- Choose from several options that include uni-and bidirectional sync and one-to-one, one-to-many, and full-mesh synchronization in both push mode and pull mode among peers over WANs and LANs.
IBM Aspera Streaming was created from the ground up to revolutionize the way files and live video are transported. Aspera Streaming provides an alternative for internet transport with near-zero latency.
In the media industry specifically, broadcast video transport over long distances (ingest and backhaul, pitch, and distribution) has traditionally relied on expensive linear satellite or proprietary network systems. However, satellite transport has significant limitations for today’s video demands, where the video is produced anywhere and everywhere, and consumer appetite for living and interactive second-screen video is explosive.