Integrating IBM App Connect With Salesforce
Integrating IBM App Connect With Salesforce is a cloud-based company, which means it hosts an application customers can access online. It operates on a pay-as-you-go subscription-based business model. Because all data and information are stored in the cloud, Salesforce is accessible from any device at any time. It also allows for live data tracking and accurate real-time updates.
IBM App Connect Enterprise provides an inbuilt Salesforce Request node that is used for rapid synchronization and which enables you to communicate with Salesforce.com to create, retrieve, update, and delete Salesforce records. We can access, transform and combine your data as per the requirement. Here we are using the compute node to pass the message and perform crud operations dynamically used for the salesforce account through the salesforce Request node. Salesforce request node only accepts the JSON message only.
We can also override the salesforce properties by writing ESQL code in compute node. We can use the Salesforce Request node to configure the URL and operations of the salesforce account.
To integrate the IBM App Connect with salesforce we need to follow the below points:
- Create an account in Salesforce.com and create one object and field to perform crud operations.
- Create an application in Salesforce to perform integration between ACE and salesforce account. Follow the below steps to create a connected app.
- Set the Connected App name property to the desired name.
- Specify your chosen contact email address.
- Select the Enable OAuth Setting check box.
- Click Manage and ensure that the OAuth policy Permitted Users is set to “All users may self-authorize”.
- Set the OAuth to any valid secure URL.
- Configure ClientIdentity and ClientSecret in node-level properties.
mqsisetdbparms NodeName -n salesforce::sfid -u UserID -p Password -c ClientIdentity -s ClientSecret
After configuring salesforce configurations to the integration node then only we can perform the Insert, Update, Retrieve, and Delete operations.