Typical Development Architecture: IBM APIC Suite
1. IBM DataPower Gateway version 2018
2. IBM API Manager version 2018
3. IBM API Analytics version 2018
4. IBM API connect Portal version 2018
1. IBM DataPower Gateway: In above Architecture, DataPower Gateway component is used as secure gateway for accessing APIs hosted in IBM API Manager. Here it also used as Web Application firewall to expose the IBM API Connect Portal URL securely to outside world. We can Protect the APIs and Portal site against SQL injection, WSDL enumeration, XML Entity Expansion or Tag injection by developing the policies in DataPower GateWay
2. IBM API Connect Manager: API Manager is used to Administrate, Host the APIs and Provide the securities like Client ID and Client Secret and Oauth.
3. IBM API Analytics: Analytics is used to Monitoring the API Calls and generate reports.
4. IBM API Connect Portal: API Connect Portal provides a secure and reliable platform for Developer on-boarding and engagement. Developer can integrate their apps with relevant Aps by testing them in the Sandbox environment. Apart from this developer portal allows developers to get guidance and troubleshoot problems with the of API documentation.