Use of IBM DataPower & Where does it fit in Backend-Architecture?
What is IBM DataPower?
IBM DataPower Gateway is an application Gateway that helps businesses to meet their security and integration needs. Datapower gives control, security, incorporation, and enhanced access to the full scope of web, portable, Application programming interface(API), SOA, B2B, and cloud
The following are some of the use cases Datapower provides –
- Security Gateway –
- Datapower provides security for web services and architectural attacks.
- Datapower provides network-level security using SSL/TLS
- Datapower provides message-level security using Encrypt, Decrypt, Sign, verify, and AAA actions.
- Application Performance Optimization –
- Improves performance of the application by decreasing the overall processing latency etc.
- Datapower provides API and SOA Management
- Securely and Rapidly Create, Socialize and Manage Business APIs to engage with a Developer Ecosystem.
- High Availability Gateway
- Service Level Management
- Datapower Provides Hierarchical SLM Statements that can be used to manage a service level Agreement in your Environment.
- Integration Gateway –
- Consumable integration solutions for securely connecting applications & services while optimizing Delivery of Workload.
- Message Transformation – Message Transformation is defined as the conversion of one message format to another format
- Message Routing – Message Routing is defined as sending the incoming request to the corresponding backend application.
- Message Enrichment – Message Enrichment is defined as enriching of the incoming message before sending the message to the destination.
- Protocol Conversion – Protocol Conversion is defined as the conversion of one protocol to another.