What is XML Manager in IBM DataPower?
An XML manager in IBM DataPower provides the following capabilities:
Basic network configuration, such as load balancing and accessing remote servers. Set manager-associated limits on the parsing of XML documents. By default, the DataPower Gateway imposes limits on various characteristics of XML documents.
If you want to create a service-specific XML manager click on + or in the search bar XML manager and then add new.
Some of the most used cases with XML Manage:
- The main use of XML manager is “XML Parser”. You can see that in the top panel options when you open XML manager.
The first option XML bytes scanned has some value(4194304) in it the bytes equal to ~4MB if the input XML is more than 4MB then the XML manager rejects the message.
If you don’t want to keep any restrictions then keep the value as 0.
Likewise, we can restrict by attribute count, element count, etc.
- Document Cache:
The number of responses you can save in DataPower is the document cache count the maximum cache count is 250000.
And the size of each document is cache size.
You can store 5000 no. of documents as our cache count is 5000 and each document will have upto ~4MB
As per your requirement, you can create an ‘n’ number of policies.
3. Scheduled processing rule:
You can trigger the processing rule for every specific period of time with the help of the scheduled processing rule.
Example: To write the output in logs automatically after every few mins or secs (30 Seconds here) we must configure the scheduled processing policy rule in XML manager with the processing rule which is configured to write the logs of specific stats of DataPower.
So that after every 30 seconds log from this processing rule is written in the system log.
4. User Agent Configurations:
- For the external endpoints backend applications of DataPower will not have connectivity so to achieve this connectivity user agent is configured in the XML manager. Since DataPower sits in the DMZ zone.
- For Authentication, we use the basic Auth Policy in the user agent to store the details and login credentials like passwords etc,.
- For SMTP Connectivity also we use User Agent,