IBM App Connect dashboard with detailed information
A user interface that makes it easier to deploy BAR files inside App Connect containers is the IBM App Connect Dashboard. We can set up standalone integration servers and independent IBM App Creator integration servers.
You can establish connections to managed integration servers and independent integration servers created with IBM App Connect Enterprise 11.0 Fix Pack 11 or later in the IBM App Connect Dashboard.
For remote connections, a switch server is also an option. However, the Switch Server needs to be an App Connect deployment that was made in a containerized environment, or it needs to be an IBM App Connect Enterprise 11.0 Fix Pack 11 or later.
Some of the facilities it provides are:
- We can deploy the Bar files directly from the dashboard.
- Connections of the dashboard can export to another.
- We can import a connection file of another Dashboard in the format of YAML.
- With help of a dashboard, we can perform the operations on services like delete,
deployment, start and stop, etc.,
- Also, we can create a new integration server in the node after the connection is established with
- We can override the user-defined properties of a deployed service.
Procedure to launch Dashboard:
- Create a working directory for a dashboard.
- Run the dashboard command in the console.
dashboard –work-dir <work directory> –port-number <Rest admin port>
- After running the command successfully enter the Dashboard administration URI in
http://<hostName>:< Rest admin port >
- We will get the Dashboard UI.
- After connecting to the integration node by its rest admin port and IP we can see the
available servers in the integration node.
When the dashboard is created we will get the folder and files in the dashboard working directory. A log folder is created which contains all the logs of the Dashboard. The user folder contains the user credentials like username and password in an encrypted form. “Dashboard.conf” file contains information on connections and rest admin ports etc.