All you need to know about Push Notifications in React Native
What Are Push Notifications?
Push notifications in React Native are clickable popup messages that show on your user’s browsers irrespective of the device they’re using. They are used as a quick communication channel enabling companies to convey all kinds of pieces of information such as messages, offers, or other information to their customers. As long as subscribers are online or as long as their browsers are active, they can be anywhere on the web and still receive these messages.
Advantages of push notifications
• Increased engagement
• Greater customer retention
• Higher conversion rates
• Audience segmentation
• Enhanced customer care
• Efficient upselling and cross-selling strategies
Disadvantages of push notifications
They have a character limit. As push notifications are typically one-liners, it might be difficult to provide accurate information that would actually benefit the customer.
They can feel invasive. If you did not do push notifications the right way, they can be spammy to users and they might opt out. If you are not careful about the content you deliver, that can damage your brand’s identity.
They might be confused with advertisements. Because of the pop-up nature of push notifications, some users might discard them as straightforward advertisements and turn a blind eye to them completely.
Different types of push notifications. The four main categories of push notifications are:
1. Web Push Notification
2. Desktop Push Notifications
3. Mobile App Push Notifications
4. Push notifications on wearables
Push Notifications in Popular Industries
• Push notifications in e-Commerce
• Push notifications in gaming apps
• Push notifications in Education Apps
• Push notifications in cosmetics Apps
• Push notifications in travel and hospitality Apps
• Push notifications in job portals Apps
• Push notifications in health and fitness Apps
Push notifications keep users updated with the features and offers of the app-related content. To know more about how to send push notifications in React Native click here