Installation of API Connect In Redhat Open Shift
The Redhat OpenShift cloud development platform is picking up steam in the open-source community, and it is the top enterprise Kubernetes platform. It was designed as a PaaS (Platform as a Service) for developing and hosting enterprise infrastructure applications in its numerous flavors. OpenShift Origin, for example, was published as an upstream open-source application container platform.
The second web-based version was envisioned as a public application development hosting server. OpenShift Dedicated provides Red Hat-managed clusters in any virtual private cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, etc). The latest edition of OpenShift, OpenShift Enterprise, is more of a private PaaS that can be configured on-premise.
IBM Cloud Pak for Integration
It offers a powerful, integrated platform for deploying containerized integration capabilities as part of a RedHat Open Shift deployment environment. With Cloud Pak for Integration, your organization can easily connect applications, systems, and services as part of a managed, scalable, and secure environment.
Cloud Pak for Integration offers:
- IBM Cloud Pak foundational services – Access services for authentication, logging, and monitoring, as well as features for managing users and user profile settings.
- Automation assets – Store, manage, and retrieve integration assets.
- Integration tracing – Trace your transactions across Cloud Pak for Integration with Operations Dashboard.
- API management – Manage your APIs with API Connect.
- Integration design – Create integration flows with App Connect Designer.
- Integration dashboard – Deploy integration servers with App-Connect Dashboard.
- Messaging – Get robust, reliable messaging services with MQ Advanced.
- Event Endpoint Management – Describe your application that produces events to Kafka topics as an event source, and socialize the event source details with application developers.
- IBM Cloud Pak Platform UI – Deploy and manage instances of Cloud Pak for Integration capabilities while easily navigating between them.
Deployment of API Connect In Open Shift
- Configure the Open Shift cluster with specific requirements to deploy the application to run.
- Add the IBM CatalogSource object to Open Shift Cluster.
- Deploy the IBM Cloud Pak for Integration operator in the specific namespace in the cluster.
- Add the Entitlement key in a Kubernetes pull secret called IBM-entitlement-key. The Entitlement registry contains the software images.
- Deploy the IBM API Connect Operator in the specific namespace in a cluster.